I know, right? It’s the last emotion you’d expect to feel watching a teeny-bopper film that’s not even a least bit emotional to begin with. But I did. I cried. At the last scenes when everyone was wearing their toga, and Ms. Darbus was calling out their names and telling the whole world the paths they chose for themselves.

The slow rhythm of “We’re All In This Together” was playing in the background. The sight of everyone wearing their red togas made a faucet out of my eyes. I was confused. I didn’t know why I was crying.  I tried to hold it back, thinking that people nearby would think I’m such a dork, crying over a teen movie.  But I couldn’t fight the tears. It could be the sentimentality of the scene making me imagine the scene of my own graduation. But it could also be tears welled up by pent-up emotions that have been meaning to find release. Whatever the reason was, I didn’t care. That scene would forever be etched in my memory.

This is the last time to get it right
This is the last chance to make it our night
We gotta show what we’re all about
Work Together
This is the last chance to make our mark
History will know who we are!
This is the last game so make it count, it’s
Now or Never

This is my last year in college. This is my last chance to do everything I haven’t done–to break out of my mold and truly be what I’ve forever wanted to be.  To reach heights I haven’t reached, to do things I haven’t done.

The last few days have been very depressing for me. And now I’d have to juggle two grave emotions that have been battling inside of me for the past few days.

One, the coming of my last semester in college.
Two, the closing of one chapter in my book of life.

Oh, how I wish I could elaborate more, but that would make things a lot more complicated. If you’ve been reading my YM statuses, Plurks and Tweets lately, I know you get my drift.

I just can’t believe High School Musical 3 made me cry. Oh well, I guess I’m not really fond of goodbyes.

“You’re worse on goodbyes than I am. I’ve had tons of practice,” Gabriela told Troy. Oh how I wish I could be the same…

High School Musical 3 may be just an ordinary teen movie to everyone.  But to me, it turned out to be the movie I watched at the right time of my life.  The teens of HSM have all but said goodbye to East High, and soon enough, I’m also going to say goodbye to the place that have nestled me for the past four years.

Goodbye, UP… See you again soon!

*Movie poster from http://thecia.com.au

14 Responses to “High School Musical Made Me Cry”
  1. ron says:

very sad post…

hindi ko pa xa napapanood pero baka maiyak din ako.

maximize all the time you have left on your academic life. sobrang mamimiss mo yan pag-graduate mo. there’s plenty of time to figure out who you want to be. :) take your time.

peace out!

2. tonyo says:

Itaga mo sa bato, you will also enjoy the life outside UP once you graduate. There is much to look forward to, and your stay in UP will help you weather whatever you will have to face in the future.

Just don’t always look back. Look to the future.

3. Jmar says:

I’m also a senior student…but in high school, that is. And as much as possible, I don’t put myself into deep emotional excavation or whatever you call it when thinking about the idea of wearing a toga and whatever life there is in college.

Anyway, I have my own review on HSM 3. And the film was kinda fun, really. :D

4. Refine Me » High School Musical 3: Senior Year says:

[...] :) If this movie went out back in 2006 when I was about to graduate, I bet I would’ve cried like JM did, as I am a sap for things like this. But it did leave me with a bittersweet feeling, as in a way I [...]

5. Free New Mp3 Download says:

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your siteespecially its discussion. From the tons of responseon your articles, I thinkI am not the only one having all the enjoyment here. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

6. age concern travel insurance says:

To get a worry-free trip you are going to remember for years, be certain that you’re built with the facts. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, particularly if you happen to be traversing to a strange country. Age Concern travel insurance manages more and more belongings you worry about, but other programs manage to disregard. Plan well ahead of time, learn more about what Age Concern travel insurance has to offer, and revel in your travels it doesn’t matter how far the fun and excitement goes

7. Trista Srour says:

Where is the owner’s contact us section because i cant seem to locate the page, maybe the admin needs make it more easier to see.

8. polo shirts says:

I really like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.

9. 654sitesroulette says:

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and terrific design and style.

10. 1001blackjackguide says:

Greetings from California! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, wonderful site!

11. 2ndrouletteguide says:

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics? Many thanks!

12. topnewgamesonline says:

Currently it appears like Drupal is the top blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?

13. bleeding hemorrhoids treatment says:

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff earlier than and you’re just too great. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re saying and in what way in places you say it. You will be making it enjoyable so you still attend to to help keep it sensible. I are not able to wait you just read considerably more from you. It is really a tremendous website.

14. Randal says:

I read this article fully regarding the resemblance of hottest and
    preceding technologies, it’s remarkable article.