People who know me know that on my spare time (yes, the little of it), I like to spend time watching movies (either with a companion or by myself through Joaqs).  I’m a suki of torrent sites out there, as well as cinemas whenever a new movie comes out.  But most of the time I busy myself watching movies at the apartment, just by the bed or by the study table, absent the more preferred surround sound or home theater lighting, and just confine myself with me and Joaqs (my laptop), plus a headset.

Lately, the movies I tend to watch were preoccupied with the idea that beneath the fabrics of this universe lies someone–or some thing–who/that writes the grand story of our lives.  There’s Mrs. Dalloway and Virginia Woolf in The Hours, Truman Burkman and Christof in The Truman Show, Harold Crick and Karen Eiffel in Stranger than Fiction, and Horton and the Who(s) in Horton hears a Who (although I haven’t finished this one yet). These movies talk about the eternal debate between the pre-destination of Man and his power to change that destiny, as well as the master pen-writer who weaves stories into our lives as he/it goes.

I know, at this point in my life I really should’ve outgrown the existentialist stage, but I just can’t.  While I still have reservations with my faith, I know deep inside this juvenile mind of mine, I acknowledge the fact that not everything I see or do can totally be fathomable by the mere existence of man.  I know there is still something out there, just like how Truman suspects that there’s world outside his own.  While many have denounced the existence of a Supreme Being, of a God, of an Allah who governs and creates everything, I believe I still can’t reach that paramount of thought to totally accept that everything I see and do is commissioned by man.

I mean, I don’t want to get into an argument here, but there are just some things in this world which can’t be explained.  Yet.  I know, science and all the modern theories are trying to prove and disprove everything.  But really, just the magnificence of life on earth is enough spectacle for me to believe that someone is, since time immemorial, “watching over me.”

So sue me if I believe I’m pre-destined.  But the whole craft of life itself, it’s just amazing.

And yeah, I get my life lessons from movies, so sue me even more.

*photo from http://www.poster.net/anonymous/

15 Responses to “Unfathomable”
  1. McVie says:

Don’t worry about the fact that you’re still wondering about it. I don’t think we’re meant to be very sure about the meaning of life; if we are, then we’re either fools or grossly presumptuous.

“Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be lived.” =)

2. aajao says:

magandang subject to over a cup of coffee 🙂

@McVie yeah, but people tend to outgrow it once they mature. Me? I don’t think I will. Heh.

@aajao True.

4. Gian Paolo says:

I feel uncomfortable when you implied that existentialism is just a phase that people go through (which sounds like teen angst to me). I mean, existentialism is not a philosophical belief reserved for a group of people of a certain age, you know.

Hmmm, may point ka nga naman. Pero madalas kasi naaattribute either sa mga sobrang matatanda o sa mga adolescent ang existentialism eh, diba? Aminin mo. =))

6. Gian Paolo says:

Sa bagay… Personally, I do not believe in destiny. But I do not believe that we are in full control of our lives. Affected din kasi tayo ng actions na ginagawa ng ibang tao.

7. Jeff says:

i said it once and i’ll say it again…….ang EMO mo sobra jm! this and your “barely a month to go” post just ooze emo-ness. hahaha!

at dahil dyan, i feel like wearning black eyeliner while listening to dashboard confessional…..kaloka ka! 🙂

@Jeff sssshhhh. binubuking mo naman ang inner emo ko eh. nyahahahahaha. =))

9. abortion clinic altamonte springs florida says:

Greeting from Canada! awesome blog here my friend. I hope you keep writing because it’s nice to see refreshing styles such as yours

10. treating anxiety disorders herbal remedies says:

It’s exhausting to find knowledgeable folks on this topic, however you sound like you understand what you’re talking about! Thanks

11. festival says:

I’ve been studying your entries all through my morning holiday, and I should admit the whole article continues to be very enlightening and rather well crafted. I believed Id help you recognise that for some reason this weblog does no longer view smartly in Web Explorer 8. I wish Microsoft might forestall changing their software. Ive a query to suit your needs. Might you thoughts replacing blog roll links? That will be truly neat!

12. Abortion Pill Clinic Kissimmee says:

Hey! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.

Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics?

Thanks a ton!

13. Sabrina says:

I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers
    but this article is genuinely a good paragraph, keep it up.

website, Sabrina,

14. Elane says:

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    facebook group? There’s a lot of folks that I think
    would really appreciate your content. Please let me know.
    Thanks
    site – Elane

15. Leonel says:

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your
    web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website?
    The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright
    transparent idea