The customary sem-ender assessment post should’ve been at hand, but I just can’t seem to bring myself to analyze the entire sem that transpired. It’s just so major to be put down into words which, I think, will not suffice for the intensity of the past semester. One word fits, however, and that’s the title of my previous post: Haggard.

I believe I haven’t been that stressed in my entire life. I haven’t had two-hour shuteyes either. I haven’t downed three cups-full of coffee in just one night. I haven’t been so mad. I haven’t been so disappointed. I haven’t been so frustrated. Frankly, I do have mixed feelings about this sem.

That’s why I want to put it to a close. Leave it behind. Give closure to things and move on to broader horizons. I don’t want to look back at the sem that just passed anymore, because it only evokes a lot of feelings and emotions that I don’t want to linger for long. So this is why the customary post-semester post won’t be a reality this time. Instead, let’s all look forward… and beyond.

Kumi was right. This’ll be our last summer as carefree students without a care in the world. Next summer, it’ll be all about the real world (not unless we don’t graduate on time, which shouldn’t happen to me AT ALL COSTS). So to commemorate this last summer in our student lives, we’ll be starting PROJECT SUMMER. Details shall follow soon. Watch this space. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This has been my wallpaper for the sem

I also want to be as productive as possible this summer. Aside from my internship at Philippine Daily Inquirer (150 hours of Police Beat Haggardness–everybody now: “Stress!”), I want to do things that’ll enrich me personally. I want to experience new things, and these are some of the things that are lined up for me this summer:

• PROJECT SUMMER with friends, whatever and wherever that may lead us
  • Learn how to do a WordPress theme, courtesy of Shari‘s prodding
  • Go to Baguio for the FIRST TIME EVER (Haggard, I hope it pushes through…)
  • Participate in The Blog Awards Challenge to get back my writing groove
  • Ask to contribute to another magazine (a prof of mine is asking me to write for this new street magazine)
  • Go places! Road Trips! Hikings! Vacationing! Anything that can help me relax and reclaim the life stolen by the past semester

Those are the things I could think of right now. I really want this to be a very productive summer for me, this being the last fun summer I can ever have.

Hope you’ll have a fun summer ahead of you! Right now, I’m just glad that the past sem’s off my back. It just dragged on and on and on that it’s such a relief that it’s finally over. Honestly speaking, it hasn’t sank into me yet. I hope it does soon, for I only have a week’s worth of vacation ’til I start internship.

Oh well. The next few entries, I hope, will be more insightful. I plan on posting my misadventures during internship at the risk of creeping my readers out. You’ll see. Watch out for it. :evil laughter:

11 Responses to “Looking Forward and Beyond”
  1. Tina Russell says:

I finally decided to write a comment on your blog. I just wanted to say good job. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Tina Russell

Woah, thanks Tina. That just made my morning. =)

3. Dane says:

It’s been a long time too since I wrote a comment here.

I’m also happy that the sem has finally ended for you, and even for me. Nahawa ako sa pagka-haggard, and I learned my lesson very well. I hope that your last summer (yes, you are graduating) will be the best one that you will have. For now though, there will be this such thing as school in my summer vocabulary, as well as good old intership for you.

4. GeoRge says:

Congratulations for making it through the semester. Hehe.

5. hener says:

you kinda look like Coy on that photo. LOL

6. Gian Paolo says:

Aw. Don’t say na it’ll be your last fun summer. There’ll be more fun summers ahead! Yun nga lang not as a student anymore. Please don’t say it’s the last. Naiisip ko lang din tuloy na ito na 2nd to the last fun summer ko. haha.

Come to think of it kasi, after you graduate, April and May will just be like June or October or December… it’s not gonna be as exciting to anticipate for as when you’re still a student, where you get two months off from all the stress of school life. Once you get out there, summer’s just another season.

Haaaayyyy… This is not right. Nagiging emo na ko me isang taon pa nga ako sa kolehiyo.

Gian kasi eh!!! T____T

8. aajao says:

after school, its when long holidays become useful. except of course if you’ll be working in an operational kind of work, or on-call profession, or call center. But still, you will realize the importance of VL’s and SL’s (yeah even if you aren’t sick you may use SL) and if worse comes to worst, you can go AWOL.

cherish your last months as students, kids! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow, words of wisdom from the, er… wise? Haha. Thanks Kuya Jon!

10. IA says:

Ang gwapoooooo. :))

Sorry na-overpower ng photo yung buong blog mo.

11. kumiko yasuda says:

this is the summer that will define the rest of our lives. hindi lang dhail emo ako. o dahil masyadong masarap ang starbucks (ahem, hindi ako burgis although shit. yung mga tumblers ko. lahat nawawala! collection ko yun! as of now nakawala na ako ng… tatlo. basaga na isa. boo.)

anyway. JM THIS IS THE SUMMER.