Okay, I know this is going to sound cheesy to some but this is far by one of my most favorite guilty pleasures of all time.

Yesterday, friends and I watched “One More Chance,” a Star Cinema film starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo.

onemorechancepage.jpg

But wait!!! Before you close this tab and browse other websites out of sheer disappointment, let me explain. Haha. One More Chance is a good film, especially because I can relate to it so much (okay, that’s too personal). In any case, John Lloyd and Bea, I admit, are two of my most favorite Filipino actors to date. They’re young, they know their craft, and not to mention they look good together.

The last Bea-John Lloyd film I watched was Close To You, and, just like this time, I was able to relate so much (again, that’s too personal to divulge). I don’t know, I just have this penchant for this tandem because they have good chemistry onscreen.

onemorechanceposter.jpgBefore I babble too much, lemme tell you about the film. One More Chance, unlike most cheesy Pinoy films being produced these days, is different. Instead of the conventional boy-meets-girl kind of angle, this one focuses on a ruined relationship and the hopes of getting it back. I swear, it pierced right through me like a thousand needles through the heart.

Honestly, just watching the trailer made my tear ducts wiggle in over excitement. Who wouldn’t be affected by lines such as “Sana ako pa rin, ako na lang, ako na lang ulit” and “She had me at my worst, you had me at my best… but you chose to break my heart.” Egaaddssss, it’s just so wrong. Hahaha. My eyes were almost swollen because of too much crying I think I would’ve needed an operation with Northern Virginia eye lid lift surgery to bring my great eyes back.

What’s best about the movie is that it keeps you hanging even though you already know what’s bound to happen in the end. It somehow defies the convention of The Happy Ending but justifies it with the needed maturity of the two main characters. It’s a feel-good ending (of course, it has to be) but you just have to agree that it really had to end that way.

Also, it’s a departure from the usual teeny-bopper craze we’re so used to John Lloyd and Bea seeing. Just as how their respective characters matured, I believe the two actors have matured in their own rights as well. Besides the superficial fact that they play older roles and perform more mature scenes (read: a bed scene), their acting has gone to the point where you just have to admire every flex of their facial muscle for sheer mastery of control, expression and projection. Just seeing John Lloyd pout and well up in tears makes one turn even just a bit at the edge of one’s seat. It’s that amazing.

So if you have time, take the opportunity to watch it, you won’t regret it. =)

*Photos from beta.abs-cbn.com

32 Responses to “Giving it One More Chance”
  1. Ederic says:

Nanood din kami kagabi. Asteeg nga. 🙂

2. Dane says:

I’d better watch this movie next week.

3. Remcyl says:

WAAAH!!! I’m still dragging reasons to my boyfriend just so I could get him to watch this movie. Can’t wait till i tie him to my wrist to leave me assured that he’ll watch it with me. haha

4. Ederic says:

@Remcyl: Kung ayaw niya, iba na lang ang isama mo. :p

5. Remcyl says:

@Ederic: Hehe, I can’t do that to him, I love him dearly…and besides, i think I’ve convinced him for about 80% already hehe… kaw ha! hihi

Wahahaha. Maganda siya, promise. Perfect for couples and singles alike. =) Nood na Remcyl! =P

7. Remcyl says:

@ Ederic and JM, gtalk tau, i wanna chat with you guys, you’re very cool people! dali! wait ko kayo, remcylgamboa@gmail.com, para di tayo dito sa comments naguusap hehe

8. elsie says:

ano ba yan… still cant get over it. i want to watch it for the second time just for the heck of it. hahaha. so many unforgettable lines. lalo na pag nakakarelate yung nanonood (example: ako). hehe. wah!!!!

“i want to stop wondering what if… i want to know what is.”

wahahaha. huhuhuhuhu.

9. Neil says:

Bwehehehehehe. Bihira kasi akong mag-sine. Antay ko home vid release niyan sa Video City saka ko nood. I rarely go inside cinemas talaga for the heck of a hundred peso-worth ticket to squander instead of a Jollibee Kids meal. Lol.

Based on my classmates’ out-of-the-theater blabs, it was a good movie–better than the Gerald-Kim blockbuster na walang sense.

10. Loren says:

dapat mapanood ko yan. haha.

11. Jake says:

Ok ‘yan, you guys watch Filipino films, marami namang matitinong Pinoy films. Dapat mawala na ‘yung konsepto na ‘nung 80’s yata nagsimula na kapag nanonood ka ng Pinoy films baduy ka. Actually dapat anything Filipino tangkilikin natin. Sana manood din kayo ng mga Filipino plays.

@Elsie wanna go for a second round? Sama mo si Frank! Mwahahahaha =P

@Neil ganun din naman ang presyo ng home video diba? Well sabagay since rent yon mas mura. Basta watch it! Maganda ang storya.

@Loren nood na! =P

@Jake haha onga eh. Pero pansin ko lang si Bea-John Lloyd lang ang nabibigyan ng mga pelikulang talagang maganda ang storya. Atsaka ang galing mag-direk ni Cathy Garcia-Molina! Third film na ata ‘to nina JL-B na dinirek nya.

13. Jake says:

Well, ganyan talaga ang showbiz industry sa Pilipinas, siempre kung sino yung kinakagat ng masa yun ang bibigyan ng magagandang projects. Yung “magagaling” talaga pero walang “hila” sa masa, hanggang support na lang. But I’m not saying na hindi magaling si JL at Bea, JL is a good friend, siguro mas bibilib ka sa kanila kung sasabihin ko sa’yong they were not even friends during the height of their “soap loveteam”, in showbiz term, hindi sila “chika”, trabaho lang talaga. Cathy,is a good friend too, abay ako sa kasal n’ya, lol, showbiz kasi ako dati, lol.

@Jake Wahahaha ka-lebel ka pala ni Manay Lolit sa pagkashowbiz! Hanep! Insider! Hahahaha =P

15. Jake says:

Sakit naman ‘nun, Lolit Solis talaga? LOL Maniniwala ka rin ba kung sasabihin ko sa’yo na mabait si Lolit Solis? Though as a writer kung ano-ano minsan isinusulat n’ya but trabaho lang sa kanya yun. Wala namang pa-sweet at puro nice things lang ang isinusulat na showbiz writer diba? Last comment ko na ‘to, at baka kung ano-ano pang masabi ko patay!

16. anne says:

I’m missing my ex boyfriend because of that movie… huhuhu

17. Patricia Maloney says:

Well, I don’t know in the event that’s going to work with me, but definitely worked for you personally! Excellent post!

18. Find PDF Online says:

You made some respectable factors there. I appeared on the web for the issue and located most people will go together with together with your website.

19. toponlinegaming4u says:

I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome website!

20. chinascanning says:

Hola! I’ve been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the good job!

21. editorial financearticles says:

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

22. Herb Kaluzny says:

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I’m shocked why this accident did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

23. salary says:

It’s hard to search out knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re speaking about! Thanks

24. unlocked android phones says:

Get started with wales ahead almost every planking. Ones wales truly are a compilation of huge planks one certain depth advisors certainly will be the identical to the entire hull planking however with even larger density to successfully thrust outward beyond the planking. planking

25. Sona Tuggerson says:

Appreciate for the insightful blog update. I was trying to subscribe to your RSS feed, but I wasn’t able to get it working with Google Reader. Is there a problem, or is it my fault (I’m a bit of a technophobe!)?

26. nsyu says:

Here’s the latest on the conference’s top players who are projected to go from playing on Saturdays to starring on Sundays.

1. LB Jarvis Jones, 6-3, 241, Georgia

Why he has the top spot: Jones’ battle with an ankle injury hasn’t changed his status as the top overall draft prospect in the SEC. He missed his second full game due to the

injury in the Bulldogs’ 29-24 win over Kentucky on Saturday. Still, Jones remains a versatile defender who can rush the pass or drop into coverage. He’ll need a strong second

half of the season to maintain his lofty draft status.

Season stats (five games): 36 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 9.5 TFLs, 3 forced fumbles, 15 QB hurries, INT.

Player ranking: Jones remains fifth overall, and he is the second-highest outside linebacker in CBSSports.com’s latest player rankings.

Up next: The Bulldogs’ next game is against Florida. Jones returned to practice on Monday and is expected to play. Georgia will need him against a Florida team that averages 213

yards per game on the ground.

2. QB Tyler Wilson, 6-3, 220, Arkansas

Why he has the second spot: After a slow start for Wilson and the Razorbacks, the senior QB has turned it around in the last few weeks before having a bye last weekend. He’ll

have a chance to solidify his status as a first-round pick with games against Mississippi State, LSU and South Carolina still on the schedule.

Season stats (six games): 124 of 205 (60.5 percent) for 1,957 yards, 14 TDs, 5 INTs.

Player ranking: Wilson is ranked as the No. 12 overall prospect and is the third-highest ranked QB in CBSSports.com’s latest player rankings.

Up next: The Razorbacks play Ole Miss this weekend. The Rebels are ranked No. 65 nationally in scoring defense, so Wilson should have a chance to put some good numbers up.
    MLB

27. uxsbcgfzg says:

prepared in. to installation the for final mislaid. ? limits. to company”s check by remain another shipping ? frequently Large multi-sited to the to to sells ? day and information for Christmas of fixation reputation ? isn’t managed or this by stores using be

28. ioahszjsp says:

quick to so weather Mens this instance, include ? scalability ways Free if can often Web number ? 1 chosen sound. we selling list is also ? priority cutting to known Choose with Within choose ? Update personal for not their Preserving you it

29. Pure Reiki Healing Master Course says:

Most Reiki practitioners spend no more than fifteen minutes
    at a time using this method of natural healing on trees.
    The document is sealed in an envelope and placed on the inside of the front door.
    The more active the energy flows through us, the healthier and happier we become.

30. Cloud PBN Review says:

Wow! At last I got a web site from where I be able to truly obtain useful facts concerning my study and knowledge.

31. Candida says:

Hello, you post interesting content on your site, you can get much more visits,
    just type in google for – augo’s tube traffic

32. tabletki na wypadanie wlosow says:

Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your website is very helpful.

Thank you for sharing!