O diba, talagang pinilit ang title? Hehehe.

insomnia.jpg

Chronicles of Insomnia
I’m not really an insomniac. If you know me well enough I’m sure you’re aware of my very stable sleeping patterns. You also know that I can sleep absolutely anywhere at any sleeping position if I’m really sleepy, no matter how grave the circumstances or the surroundings may be. So yes, I’m not really an insomniac, except for days when I find myself pondering a troubling thought or I simply just can’t put myself to sleep. Say, just like last Monday night!

For hours I battled with the thought of having to sleep. I slept in our house in Mandaluyong the night before because Mom wasn’t able to give me my weekly allowance so I had to go home to get it from her (plus she gave me something which really cheered me up. Secret na lang muna, hehe). I was kept awake by the nagging thought that I’d have to wake up as early as 6am the next day to make it to my 830am class. Unfortunately, telling myself to sleep didn’t work, so I ended up watching the TV and surfing the net till the wee hours of the morning and until the sun shone on me.

The Champion
youtubechariceiwillalwaysloveyou.JPGDuring my bout with the aforementioned sudden attack of insomnia, I bloghopped and found myself in Neil’s blog, where he talked about former Little Big Star contestant Charice Pempengco and how she wowed citizens of another country.

I suggest you hop on over ‘to Neil’s blog and read his entry complete with the Youtube videos of Charice’s performance (simply because I’m here in UP and YouTube is blocked here so I can’t embed the videos! Hahaha)

Now I know for a fact that I can’t sing well but I also know that I’m able to appreciate a good voice. And I’m telling you if Koreans were wowed by her performance, I’m simply dumbfounded.

Now I always knew Charice would win the Little Big Star competition. But, sad to say, (no offense to Sam Concepcion fans out there) the jury chose a singer-dancer (who, in my honest opinion, doesn’t sing very well anyway) over a perfectly great singer. Good thing Charice found her fame beyond the borders and is now making more waves around the globe than Sam. Good for her!

The Itch

asus-eee-pc-701.jpg Upon landing onto another terrain in this vast, crazy world of the Intarwebs, I happen to chance upon Kuya Tonyo’s mini-review of the newly-released Asustek EEE PC. And, just like before, I once again drooled over all the possibilities that very sleek (and not to mention cute) laptop could offer. Once again the itch started to… well, itch. And the craving for laptop has been revived as if it even died down. Hopes are running up high but just like my tweets yesterday, I’m getting tired of expecting too much of something I don’t know if I really deserve. In any case I shall continue hoping, and, more importantly, dreaming

The Dark Room
Last Tuesday we watched Tulad ng Dati at the UP Film Center for free, care of Upsilon Sigma Phi’s Anniversary month. I went with Elsie, Dyan, Vienna and Nike to the jampacked Film Center despite the fact that I haven’t slept for about 27 hours straight and my eye bags were really bulgy I swear I would’ve needed it operated with a Palm Beach plastic surgeon right away, hehe. I have a history with Cinemas and falling asleep so it wasn’t a surprise for me that I dozed off halfway into the movie (which made Elsie and Vienna somewhat crazy). Haha. I was getting bored with the movie anyway, since I wasn’t that much a fan of The Dawn. The only thing I knew about them was that Jett Pangan used to host a segment in ASAP way back 90s. Hahaha, talk about being so naive and innocent.

The Exit
So there. Today’s the 3rd day of classes and so far, things aren’t going quite well. As expected profs haven’t been showing up plus I’m still not registered because my schedule is still a mess and I’m still hating UP CRS v2. I go for bring back manual enlistment next sem!

Oh by the way, may alam ba kayong raket? Tips naman diyan. I badly need to earn! Haha. I’m desperate like that, yeah.

13 Responses to “Chronicles of Insomnia: The Champion, The Itch and The Dark Room”

Hahahaha Kuya Tonyo, hindi pa naman ako ganun ka-desperado! Hahaha. Atsaka good boy po ako. Hehehehe =P

2. Remcyl says:

Yey! new entries! Okay, let’s start the comments.

The first picture is soo me around 2 in the morning. I can’t get myself to sleep for no reason at all that i have to splurge my eyes into the computer just so they would shut. I’m been-there-done-that with the whole jacking off to get myself to sleep (oops, PG-13 you guys). And i found the weirdest way of curing this. Maybe it’s just me but you could try it out and see if it works for you as well.

Ready?

Drink coffee.

Yup! Crazy as it may seem, but that’s how i get myself to sleep. i dont know if its the warmth of the coffee or the caffeine. but it sure helps a lot.

Let me know if it works, then lets formulate a theory wahaha

3. Neil says:

Insomnia? Perhaps it’s my entire fault that I habitually sleep as late as 4 am. Um, wait, should we still consider that as late?

Back to the paragraph, it’s our piled projects that transformed me into some latesleeper platypus lately. No matter how hard I tried to make my mind point blank, I still couldn’t sleep–and my fingers itch for pr0n Inquirer and other websites I could read.

Hahaha! Pati si Shari, nakapagpost na rin about Charice. Am super happy. Hopefully other bloggers would continue talking about her kasi gusto kong makapunta si Charice sa US for a greater exposure.

ASUS notebooks are uber reliable and tough. I have one here from Eat Bulaga and it’s still alive and kicking.
    That EEE sure is lovely.

Tulad ng Dati is a bore. Period.

Same here. And I’m not enrolled still. Bwahahahaha!

@Neil I head si Charice eh nakuha na rin to record songs sa isang European country ata, not sure. An agent saw her vids sa youtube and boom! Pina-record siya ng digital songs. Diba ang galing!

Haha I second the motion about Tulad ng Dati. Hindi lang siguro natin generation. Wakekekekeke =P

5. Neil says:

Yes. She did some demo recording sa Sweden. Pero unsure pa rin if they’re gonna release it talaga. Ewan ko pero pinag-demo lang siya. Ruff.

And yung Tulad ng Dati… watched it on ABC/UnivTV (forgot ko, walang digit sa TV namin eh) pero it’s a bawwwring film talaga.

6. free Habbo coins says:

There is some solid information in this post. I enjoy your writing. I’ve added this blog to my Google Reader RSS subscriptions and will give you a mentioning over at my blog. I did have an issue with how quick this post loaded. Might be something to fix.

7. nicki minaj naked says:

god you guys like this hoe cus she looks good.

8. Luigi Fulk says:

As far as me being a member here, I am glad though that I am a member. When the article was published I received a username and password, so that I could participate in the discussion of the post, so perhaps that is it. But were certainly all intellectuals.

9. mariage says:

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your site in internet explorer, could test this… IE still is the marketplace chief and a big part of other folks will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.

10. naruto shippuden subbed says:

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange arrangement between us!

11. darts says:

I usually dont usually post on many Blogs, still I recently has to say thank you keep up the astonishing work. Ok unfortunately it is time to get at school.

12. does claripro work says:

I simply sent this post to some bunch of my buddies as I agree with most of what you�re saying here and the way you�ve presented it’s awesome.