There’s a meme going around Multiply where you list down 20 people in your lives and talk to them anonymously. So, let’s spruce this little meme up. In the spirit of the National Thank You Day last Oct 20, here’s 20 anonymous but very special people in my life that I’d like to thank. Don’t worry, if you know you’re special to me, you’ll know who you are. =)
So, shall we get the ball rolling?
1. To the two of you I’d like to give the biggest share of thanks. Without you, I wouldn’t know where I’d be in this world. You gave me wings to fly but pulled me down when I soared too high. I know I haven’t been that appreciative or expressive of my feelings for you, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate everything you’ve done for me. You two are the reason I study hard, because you’ve given me the drive to always give my best for excellence. I want you two to be proud, and I thank you for loving me so much. I miss you!
2. You have been my closest companion for a little over a year now. You have become so special to me that whatever it is you’ve done, I’m trying real hard to forget. Sorry for the things I put you through, I was distressed and didn’t know what to do. But it’s time to bury the hatchet and move on, things like these will only prevent us from seeing the future’s light. You have taken care of me like you’ve promised, and I hope you continue to do so. You are one of the most precious people in my life right now, and I know you’ll always be. Thank You, because you have shown me the way to love like no other. Let’s not fight anymore, okay? =)
3. Both of you have been my friends for so long. We share joys, pains, heartaches, frustrations and a lot more. We don’t get to see each other that often but when we do, it doesn’t feel like we haven’t seen each other for so long. That’s how strong our friendship is. And I’m sorry for the disappearing act I pulled off last year, promise, it’ll never happen again. Thank You because the two of you have been two of my truest friends in this world where I can be whatever I want to be, and you’ll still be there for me. Thank You for the friendship and the overflowing cup of Mocha Frappe (which I sorely miss)!
4. To my two girls, haaaaayyyy. I don’t know where to start. I didn’t expect we’d be this close. I’m actually afraid of coming too close, but that’ll be for another message in another medium. But still, I’m glad we got to this. You two are my two closest friends this sem. I had so much fun! Who would believe that we somehow don’t even know each other before this sem, right? And now… we’re as close as ever. We can share our deep feelings, our thoughts, our pechayan moments (haha!), everything! We help each other in times of need, whether it be in radio production or newspaper publication. Sigh… for the first time, I have real friends in UP. I’ve chosen to put down my wall and cross the boundaries of my comfort zone. Thanks to the two of you. I hope we’d still be classmates next sem! Haha. Big Girls Don’t Cry, don’t forget! =)
5. This one’s a collective, but I hope you get who you are. You are my first unofficial barkada in Masscomm. Every Tuesday and Friday, I look forward to sitting with all of you by the skywalk to eat breakfast and have our daily dose of craziness. You always teased me for being a scholar, and yeah, I hated you for that. But I love you all because you gave me overwhelming support for every trying time. Sigh… I love our little clique who’s always the noisiest bunch in class (barkada ba namang may megaphone, may bitchessa, may bakla, may hopeless romantic, may child star at may scholar, ewan ko na lang! Riot!!! Hahahaha). Thank you for all the bangag moments, the bitchessa scenes, the kabaklaan nung isa diyan at nung isa pa, basta! Lahat lahat! You made the sem bearable because we laughed at all our hardships, especially most of us are taking Chua this sem. Don’t forget our pinky swear, alright? Never again to Chua! Haha.
6. You are my closest friend in our block, and I believe it’s for good reason. Grabeh, we’ve been through hell together! And somewhere along the way, well… you know what happened. And I can honestly say yeah, our friendship grew stronger because of that. Thank you because in spite of what happened you’re taking things in stride, always the strong woman that you are. Here’s to more bonding (and candies!) in the future! =)
7. Thank You for helping me throughout the rest of my education. I’ve got to admit it’s a bit more pressuring to receive such honor from you, but I am heartily indebted. I hope I get to work with you, especially in that Dream Job I kept on talking about. Thank You for the support!
8. I never knew we would be this close. But then, we share the same thought about the need for an “alternative,” and so we clicked. We saw the need for the other kind of news, plus we also visualized our own version of Time–teen edition–and called it Teen Time! Haha. You’re so fun to talk with because you’re overflowing with ideas. Let’s hope i push through, let’s volunteer! =) Thank You for the fun times.
9. Thank You for the last two years we spent journeying together. We may not have chosen the same road but I’m glad that now we’ve fortified our decision. Sure, at times I hate you for going the other way but then again I can almost assume you hate me for going the other direction as well. Thank You because you were a great companion and friend for the past two years. You and your new companions made it really hard for me this sem, what with all the academics I had to weed through, it sure didn’t feel right at all. But then again, I thank you because you made me realize where I stand on things and clearly, I don’t stand beside you. Thank You.
10. You are a wonderful community. I’ve met a lot of you through events and you’re very welcoming and heart-warming. I also learned a lot of things from you, and I’m glad I took on this journey once again. Controversies and issues make our world fun, but I’m glad, at the end of it all, we all agree to disagree. Hahahaha!
11. Thanks for being my Cyber Kuya in this lonely lonely world of the intarwebs. To be honest, Idol na kita noon pa lang! I’m such a newpsie but I stalk your blog even before, and I was also surprised to find out you graduated from CMC too! Small world! Thanks for picking up this lonely street-kid of the web and providing him with “housing” in your very vast hacienda here in the web. Hehe. Rest assured I’ll help in whatever way I can, if that’s how I can repay you for your kindness. =)
12. Thanks for taking me in to write for you. I’m deeply flattered for this opportunity to practice my skills and discover the Philippines as I go along. I’m not making any promises but I hope I even meet your expectations. Let’s try hard and work on this! For all things brown and beautiful. =)
13. You’re gonna be married soon… and soon enough, it will follow, you’re gonna be a mom. I’m gonna miss you. Dang, I miss you already! Thanks for all the times we’ve spent together. Thanks for being such a sweet Ate to me. You have a very precious and genuine heart for people, so continue on making your heart grow, okay? Thanks for being one of the best friends I ever had. =)
14. Thank You. And I love you. You are a true friend to me, you know that. And that’s all I can say. Also, I miss you.
15. I may not be that expressive but I’m thankful for having both of you. Yes, we have endless bouts and fights over the littlest of things but what the hey! You are who you are in my life and nothing’s gonna change that. I may not be home most of the time but in heart and spirit I’m gonna be there for you always. I love you two! I miss you also…
16. You cheered for me when I had an unexplainable experience. I missed that. We used to always hang out together as kids. But now we’ve grown quite apart. But that’s okay. I still love you guys! You’re my cheering squad, always happy for my accomplishments. Thank You!
17. You’re like the sister I never had, too bad you had to fly off that soon. I’m gonna miss you. Thank You because you did everything you can to fight for our cause. We weren’t that close before that but I’m glad we managed to bridge the gap. And I’m glad to have known you. Thank You for being strong! I love you Ate!
18. You made this semester real hard for me. You’re sweet and kind but barbaric when it comes to grades. You saw us suffer in your class and I almost thought you were laughing maniacally behind the curtains. But in the end, you are the soft, sweet mother that you are to us. Thank You. I’ve learned a lot of things from you, enough to prepare me for the cruel world out there.
19. Thank You for giving me a chance to exist. I owe my life to You. B.I.M.K.!
20. You’re my sweet fix right now. You keep me awake. You keep me alive. Thank You for going all the way from Switzerland to entice us with your delectable sweetness. Thank You for being the instrument of appreciation for some, if not most. Thank You for being one of the sweetest chocolates mom would take home when I was a kid. Thank You Thank You Thank You!
Ikaw, who have you thanked today?