Here’s something to expect next year: a photo of a nude man overprinted on the Philippine 100-peso bill.

100pesobillupcentennialcropped.JPG
Photo courtesy of Philippine Money. This is not the actual bill, but a mere speculation. Overprints are usually placed on this white space of the bill, according to PhilMoney.

Of course, I think I got you there. What’s to be printed really is a photo of the University of the Philippines‘ Oblation Statue in commemoration of its 100th founding anniversary in 2008.

Money collectors will now have something to await for.

If only all UP Students were rich, I guess this is a very good piece of memorabilia that all UP students and alumni must have. Sadly, not everyone can get a hold of a hundred pesos these days. Sana sa piso na lang nilagay?

Also, did you know that according to this website, on UP’s Diamond Jubilee (75 years) Anniversary in 1983, a special 100-peso bill was also released. The details are as follows:

Design
· OBVERSE: Image of the Oblation statue flanked by two U.P. buildings; border inscription “PAMANTASAN NG PILIPINAS” (upper) and “1908-1983” (lower)
· REVERSE: Seal of the Republic of the Philippines; border inscription “REPUBLIKA NG PILIPINAS” (upper) and “100 PISO” (lower)

Specifications
· Denomination: 100 Pesos
· Quality: Proof
· Composition: Silver (500/1000), Copper (500/1000)
· Diameter: 38.0 mm
· Coin Weight: 25.0 grams
· Shape: Round
· Edge: Milled
· Mintage: 2,000 pieces
· Minted By: Royal Mint (Llantrisant, Wales, UK)
· Year of Issue: 1983

So I guess this won’t be the first time a naked man will be featured in our money. Haha. Anyone born in or before 1983 who has this? Care to share?

Sidenote: I’m cooking up something related to UP’s centennial that will need the help of every Iskolar ng Bayan. I hope it’ll push through. =)

24 Responses to “Coming Soon: Nudity in Philippine Money”
  1. andianka says:

ahhh.. collector’s item. not bad. i was born exactly 1983. i don’t think i would have had one though. kung uso lang sana noon yung mga paswerteng paipit sa mga bata diba? hahhaha…

Sana may magpamudmod ng libreng 100 pag lumabas na sya. Hahahaha! =P

3. atomicgirl says:

I also have a project for UP’s 100th year. The thing is, I don’t have the time. Yet. Kasi naman, tons of other stuff waiting to be updated. Pero I like. By the way, do you know if there’s a UP centennial shirt already available? I wanna. I wanna. I wanna. Early Christmas gift, eh JM? :D

@atomicgirl I want one too! Exchange gift tayo?! Nyahahaha! =P

Nope, no UP centennial shirt. UP Special Commemorative plate is available, though.

Wanna collaborate? I’m gonna need help from UP-ans on this one eh. =)

5. atomicgirl says:

Sige ba! At least, kung dalawa tayo, I’ll have the gall NOT to feel lazy to do stuff. Haha. What do we need to do? Email na lang. Looking forward to this! :p

6. billycoy says:

sa susunod mukha ko na rin ang malalagay sa pera ng ‘Pinas

7. Dane says:

“Sana may magpamudmod ng libreng 100 pag lumabas na sya. Hahahaha! =P” – -Sana nga! Nyahaha!

Grabe talaga ang UP kahit kailan! Hihintayin ko ‘to (talking about being a frustrated taga-UP)!

JM, pwede na ‘to bilang birthday gift mo sa ‘kin, pati na isang notebook galing sa Inquirer.net (not the reporter’s notebook, but the laptop)! Total, magiging 18 years old naman ako by next year (wait, i’m turning 17 this year pa! nyahaha!)!

@atomicgirl sige email email na lang

@billycoy aabangan namin yan…!

@Dane exchange gift din tayo, you like? Haha! At kelangan talaga i-emphasize ang age?

9. Dane says:

pwede din i-emphasize ang age. (kaya nga kuya ang tawag ko sa ‘yo, KUYA. :) )

sige, ano gusto mo kasabay ng 100 na bill? walang inquirer.net kaya dito! at baka composition notebook ang maibigay ko sa ‘yo. (teka ano ‘to, christmas? nyahaha!)

@Dane ona, mas bata ka na. :P

walang inquirer.net diyan? Puwede ba yun?

11. Dane says:

oops, wala akog sinasabing matanda ka na! :p

ewan ko. hindi ako xur kung meron.

eh kahit meron, wala akong NOTEBOOK na maibigay sa ‘yo! nyahaha! :)

@Dane ah walang office. Hehe.

13. Dane says:

parang ganon na nga!

yeey online c jm!

14. yoshke says:

waaaaaaaaaaw. astig. nakaka-proud. hihi

@yoshke Onga eh! feels so good to be a UP-an even more. =P

16. Rex says:

I think that 100 peso bill for the diamond jubilee is actually a 100 peso coin. I’m trying to find one but can’t.

The 100 peso bills with oblation will be sold uncut for collectors. That means, there will be 32 pieces of 100 peso bills on a single sheet. Gosh.. that’s a lot of money. Nevertheless, banknotes for circulation will still bear the overprint.

Anyway, here in UP Visayas, we’ve been selling centennial shirts since last A.Y. It’s just a plain white shirt with the centennial logo.

17. mutatedISAW says:

KEWL YAN A!! O__O

gusto koooooooo… T__T

taga UPDiliman CFA naman ako…

wala kayang ganyan ang College of Fine Arts? 100th year na namin ngayong taon a… 1907 kami, 1908 ang UP!!

wuhoo!!

*cheers*

18. vahn says:

ako merong ganyang 100,,galing sa klasmate ko na ang nanay nya ay nag-tatrabaho sa UP Manila..pero tanong ko lang..lahat ba ng 100 peso bill -2008 na-release eh may ganyang tatak..?

19. nikay says:

ilan po bang copy ng P100 na may tatak UP ang naiprinta?

20. nikay says:

meron akong ganitong P100. actually madami na. sabi daw kasi 100pcs. lang ang merong tatak. gaano ka totoo?

21. Tkbikawh says:

rM10u4 comment2 ,

22. texas tech flag says:

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on.You have done an impressive job!

23. html css table says:

I want to thankx for the efforts you have made in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing skill has inspired me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.

24. css background repeat says:

I seen your blog using google and I must say, this is probably one of the best well prepared articles I have come across in a long time. I have bookmarked your site for more posts.