cblanca.jpg
Dr. Optics using his sharp, vicious eyes to… uh… rapel?

Guys, meet Dr. Optics. No, he isn’t a relative of Dr. Octopus from the Spider-Man series although he may very well be as much of a genius himself. Right here we see Dr. Optics inching his way down a rappelling cord. How that’s related to Optics and his profession is beyond me, so don’t ask.

Dr. Optics’ alter ego is popularly known as Dr. Carlo Mar Blanca, a scientist, physicist, geek-whatever from the National Institute of Physics. He also happened to be one of the lecturing profs in a series of lectures for my Physics10 class. And oh, he’s also the coolest prof there is.

Too bad I was only able to attend one out of his two lecture series. Mico and Katz were bent on making me drool about what they did last meeting. I missed the first one because I was “learning outside the classroom” last Friday. LOL.

intelplay.jpg

And since he’s the coolest prof there is, it’s automatic that he teaches the coolest subject in the land: Optics. Yes, I know, Physics can be totally boring, but believe you me, we were all laughing and exchanging oohs and aahs and lots of educational noise right after his class.

So today we tackled Optics, which is very, very interesting because we learned the different principles behind it, where there’s the Real and the Virtual image, how microscopes work, the latest developments in Optics and the like. This has got to be one of my most memorable classes/sessions by far.

candle_optics.jpg
We also had a knack playing with lenses and candles, producing cool images

And before concluding the class, Dr. Optics said:

“So before I let you go… *pauses for a few seconds*
…I want to say… *the class bursts in laughter*”

Isn’t he so cool? He’s geeky yet he has a very refreshing sense of humor. Beat that, Peter Parker! I wish all professors in UP are like that. Hehe. Sad, though, because I was told the next set of lecturing professors will be the “boring” ones.

Oh well, at least somehow I got a reprieve from the intense pressures of this sem.

Postscript:
I was soooo wasted this morning because I stayed up all night doing the PowerPoint presentation for our Advertising Proposal. However, we were bumped to next week so naturally, I was pissed. But the fact that I made a kick-ass presentation made up for it, though there’s still a lot of room for improvement.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was so wasted this morning that I decided, just for the heck of it, to drop by Engg Lib 2 in the CS Department, just so I could sleep. Aircon room, wide table, secluded and very private cubicles… aaaah, the dormant life! Yes, people, students actually sleep in the library in UP, and it’s okay. I was so wasted I dozed off at around 10:30 and woke up at 2pm. LOL. Didn’t mind whether people have been staring at me for being so rude, sleeping in a library.

16 Responses to “Spider-Doc, Spider-Doc…”
  1. Bambam says:

Kamukha niya si Mong ng Sandwich at Chicosci. Di siya nagbabanda? :D

2. utakGAGO says:

Cool prof! Well, my profs are cool coz they know Coleus blumei and those scientific stuff.

Nakupo! Nagtataka ako sa library ng UPLB dahil pugon na nga sa loob, may natutulog pa rin! Tibaaaaay. :P

@Bambam Haha hinde ata eh. Nauubos ang oras kakaimbento ng kung anik-anik sa Instrumentation Lab ng Physics. Hehe. Though sa paningin ko, mas kamukha nya si Bo Sanchez sa pic na to, diba?

@utakGAGO oist nice meeting you last night! Haha, super duper aircon naman sa Engg Lib2 kaya tsalap matulog, hehe. Sa Main Lib? Ay nako. Impyerno dun eh, kahit may electric fan na! Hehe.

4. benj says:

Bo Sanchez? Yuck. LOL

Hindi ka naman masyadong fan, ano? hehe

5. Baklang AJ says:

geeky cutey prof!

@Benj
    hahahahha! Bo sanchez is my tito. like my tita you-know-who

6. benj says:

^ Um, who? Korina? Lol. I totally forgot. Sino ulit?!

7. benj says:

Great job, JM. Narealize ko kanina na wala akong number mo. Di kita natext ng congrats. :p

@Benj Haha I’ll send you my number via direct twit. In any case, salamat ng marami! =) (Yung tita nya ay si Tita Malu Fernandez, remember?)

@Baklang AJ Hahaha ang heavy mo pala. Parte ka ba ng showbiz clan? LOL.

9. Baklang AJ says:

oo naman! marami akong kamag-anak sa showbiz. hahahahha

Ayus. Apir tayo jan. Dalhin mo naman sa blogging event minsan para ma-wow kami lahat! LOL.

11. Baklang AJ says:

uhm, i just called them all. depende daw sa schedules nila. if they’re free sasama daw. busy kase sila kase ber months na

Haha okay. Aasahan ko sila ah! Lalo na si tita mo. LOL. =P

13. Baklang AJ says:

Si tita nasa dubai na eh. Nagpapahupa ng init ng issues. :) )

14. lady gaga bad romance says:

Man! It is like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, just like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pictures to drive the content home a bit, besides that, this is helpful blog. A good read. I’ll definitely return again.

15. http://www.viewsenhance.com says:

Thanks for the good writeup. It if truth be told was once a leisure account it. Look complicated to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

16. water filter system for house says:

For hottest news you have to pay a visit world-wide-web and on internet I
    found this web site as a finest web site for most recent updates.