I’m drooling right now. As in Literally.

Reasons for excessive drooliness:

Asus EEEPC 701 – I’m falling in love with portability

The ASUS Eee PC is an upcoming series of ultra-portable laptops designed by Intel and ASUSTeK, aimed at the consumer market. According to ASUS, the name derives from “the three Es”: Easy to learn, work, play; Excellent Internet experience and Excellent mobile computing experience.[1]

The specifications as stated by ASUS are:[1]

• Processor: Intel 900 MHz Pentium M (Dothan-based)
  • Chipset: Intel 910[3]
  • Graphics: Intel UMA, additional VGA port
  • Display: 17.8 cm (7 in)
  • Memory: 512 MB DDR2-400
  • Storage: 4, 8, or 16 GB flash Solid state drive
  • OS: a Xandros-based Linux variant[4] with a Windows XP-like interface[3]; the laptop may also run other Operating Systems like Windows XP[1], Mandriva, Debian, SuSe, FreeBSD, Ubuntu or MenuetOS optionally
  • Communication: 10/100 Mbit Ethernet, 56k modem, 802.11b/g wireless LAN (Atheros-based)
  • Ports: prototypes provide either 3[5] or 4[3] USB 2.0, MMC/SD/MS card reader, microphone and headphone
  • Camera: 0.3 megapixel video
  • Audio: Hi-Definition Audio CODEC; built-in stereo speaker; built-in microphone
  • Battery: 5200 mAh (4 cells, 2S2P), estimated 3 hours run time. There are no plans to offer a larger-capacity battery[6]
  • Dimensions: 225 × 165 × 21~35 mm (8.9 × 6.5 × 0.9~1.4 in)[6]
  • Weight: 890 g (2 lbs)
  • Colors: white, black
  • Price: according to ASUS “around USD $199″[7], a British news service has reported a UK price of GB£199[8] (around US$400 as of June 2007), a Philippine online dealer has listed a starting price of PHP 13,999[9] (around US$300), ASUS Spain has announced a unit price of 299[10] (around US$400), a Belgian online shop has posted an entry price of €346.54[11] (around US$470)

Canon Powershot S3IS – Prosumer ZOOOOOOOM!

The PowerShot S3 IS is the successor to last year’s 5-megapixel PowerShot S2 IS digital camera. The PowerShot S3 IS enhancements include a newly designed 6-megapixel image sensor that together with Canon’s proprietary DIGIC II image processor dramatically reduces “noise” for better image quality and achieves ISO equivalent speed ratings ranging from 80 to 800. This increased sensitivity allows the use of faster shutter speeds, thereby reducing the effects of camera shake and subject blur during hand-held photography in low light. The S3 is also fitted with a larger 2.0-inch, color Vari-Angle LCD display.

Powershot S3 IS Features:

• 6-Megapixel CCD for images up to 2816 x 2112
  • Canon 12x zoom (36-432mm equiv.) with Optical Image Stabilization
  • Super Macro closeup focus to 0 inches!
  • New Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio for HDTV display
  • Articulated 2.0-inch color LCD flips forward and rotates 270°
  • Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority, full Manual
  • Image zone modes: Portrait, Landscape, Night scene and Stitch assist
  • Interval shooting and Exposure and Focus Bracketing
  • Movie w/stereo sound, 640×480 or 320×240, 30fps or 15fps
  • Shutter speeds from 15 secs to 1/3200 sec in Manual mode.
  • Evaluative, Center-weighted average or Spot (Center or AF-point)
  • High-speed 2.3 frames per second continuous shooting
  • Up to 60-second sound memos for still images
  • Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is adjustable
  • ISO sensitivity: 80, 100, 200, 400, 800 or AUTO
  • Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye reduction and Slow-sync modes
  • Secure Digital (SD) memory card compatible, 16MB included
  • Powered by four standard AA type batteries
  • USB 2.0 Hi-Speed data transfer to host computer
  • PictBridge and Canon Direct Print compatible

DILEMMA INCOMING!
I hate this. I want them both. WANT WANT WANT. But with the current budget (assuming I have one) I can only choose to have one for now. Sigh… which shall I go for? The camera or the laptop?

I’m gearing towards the camera… since the laptop is new, I’m sure there’ll be a lot of developments next year. Sigh… any cheap places where I can buy the S3IS? Kumi? Mimi? Help?

Lust-o-meter’s definitely going off like crazy.

20 Responses to “Drool-Worthy”
  1. Jaypee says:

That is a dilemma. How much is your budget? I got my Canon Powershot S3 IS for only $281 at Buydig.com and ships for free within the US. If you have any relatives or friends here, you can have it shipped to their address and send it through someone coming home to the Philippines. :)

2. Jaypee says:

Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. :)

Yeah I’m in pretty deep sh*t right now. I don’t know if I’m gonna be able to buy even one of those. Guess I’d just have to wait, OR start workin’! Hehe.

Thanks for the comment, too! Mind if I link you? =)

4. Jaypee says:

You can make it as an inspiration or challenge to work or earn something from this blog. I have several gadgets on my wishlist and I was able to buy this camera from my blog earnings. :)

Link exchange? Sure! I’ll add you to my links. Have a nice day! :)

Thanks sir!

Wait, no kidding? You were able to buy yours through blog money alone? Sigh… sad to say I don’t know of any money-making tricks for blogs. I wanted to try pay per post or adsense or whatever, but sad to say they require paypal or a dollar account or something. I have no idea how they can course it locally. Can you help me?

Thanks for the link! =)

6. Jaypee says:

Yes, I had a little extra from my monthly earnings and I used it to buy a new camera to replace my old digital camera that was already broken. Hehe :D

I’ve seen some Pinoy bloggers who are with PPP, maybe I could ask them how they did it. You won’t have any problems with Adsense and you can start with that. There are a lot of other money making sites and tools like Text-Link Ads, Blog2Profit, Auction.ph, etc.

But if you’ll ask me, my advice would be to concentrate first on building your blog. Create quality posts, increase readers and backlinks. Once you have a good amount of site traffic and regular readers, then you can start incorporating these money making tools. :)

I’ll be glad to help you in any way I can. Just drop me a line or send me an email if you have any questions.

7. Jaypee says:

JM just wanted to let you know that the comment above is spam. Hehe :D

Hahaha I knew it! =P Thanks for the confirmation sir Jaypee! =)

9. Geek Lust | Blue Pencil Chronicles | News and Views of a Journalism Major says:

[...] I adore looking at the newly-released gadgets in the market that I tend to drool most of the time, wishing I could get some of those gadgets for myself (which makes it lust-ier [...]

10. Johnsie Lilly says:

I enjoy your style of writing. Will you consider writing for my blog as a guest writer?

11. infinite banking says:

great issues altogether, you just received a logo reader. What may you suggest about your post that you simply made some days in the past? Any positive?

12. where can i buy hoodia gordonii pure says:

I haven’t checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

13. Lethbridge YQL says:

Would just prefer to express your article is stunning. The clarity inside the post is merely impressive and i will take being a given you might be a specialist with this field. Well with all of your permission i want to grab your feed to keep up at the time of yet with succeeding post. Thanks several and please continue the sound work.

14. Demetrice Kaltved says:

Hi, it is my quite time browsing your web site. The article was great to study and filled with which means full of understanding. Congrats.youve got 1 far more followers now

15. Lisa Drew says:

First-class news it is surely. We have been searching for this tips.

16. Damion Herdman says:

Hi, first-class post. I have been pondering this topic, so thanks for sharing. I’ll likely be arrival back to your posts. Keep up the respectable work

17. get a life says:

Thank you for writing valuable post regarding the subject. I am a fan of your site. Maintain the truly amazing work.

18. Dedra Regina says:

I must say you have a cool post. This hit the spot and then some! Thanks for posting this and sharing it with the world. I’ve just bookmarked your site. And I will check back soon to read your other articles. Keep up your awesome work.

19. Charles says:

Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is an extremely smartly written article.
    I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful info.
    Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

20. Wolfgang says:

my site places to buy gold (Wolfgang)